In high school there was this boy who everyone called “boom box kid” I don’t know his real name. All I know is he walked around the halls with a boom box in his backpack, and if you said “boom box kid” everyone knew who you were talking about. And I was just thinking about it, and I was wondering if one of the weird/stupid things I’ve done ever earned me one of these nick names. Does someone run around tell the story of “Bleacher falling girl” or something? But anyways here is a list of some of our local legends
- Biker Boy- Ah biker boy. He is one of my favorites. One time Me and Kelli were helping our friend, Elyse, babysit her nephews and we went to the park. Some boy on a bike is there and asks us if he can join our game of tag. He then suggests we play “Chain Tag” apparently in Chain tag someone is it and they catch people who then have to hold hands with whoever is it and form a chain while running around trying to catch all the other people. Anyways he volunteered to be it, and then hopped on his little bike and bee lined it for Kelli. Me and Elyse were dying of laughter by this time. There were like 5 people right next to him he could have caught, but he tears off after Kelli causing her to have to jump a fence to escape.
- Block Buster Boy- Block Buster Boy works at Block Buster (go figure) and he would always suggest really lame movies to us like My Little Pony Land or something, and then one time he tried to sell us some drinks by telling us we looked parched… then he said “sorry you don’t really look parched, you probably don’t even know what that means.” Uh yeah… what could that word possibly mean? His vocab is just way too advanced for me.
- The Beast- Some guy who works at Barns and Noble, and I swear to you he looks like the beast from Beauty and the Beast only human. I laugh every time I see him and have to run off into a side aisle until I can control myself.
- The Friendly Security Guard- He used to work at Target I miss him. He was so friendly.
- Flower Giving Guy- Some guy probably 40-45ish who just stood near the exit of Target and gave every girl who came out a rose. I don’t know whether I should label him as nice or just plain creepy… I sort of lean toward the latter.