Posted in Joint Effort, Lists, tagged 2010, American Idol, celebs, Famous people, Joint Effort, Jonas Brothers, Lists, Music, Paramore, Pop Culture on January 15, 2010|
2 Comments »
Here are our pop culture predictions for the year.
- The Jonas Brothers break up. One is married, one is pursuing acting (laughable), and one already has a solo side project…. It won’t be long.
- Demi Lovato will date someone hideous like she always does.
- Paramore will break up. Have you heard their last CD? Things are not happy.
- Jesse McCartney’s new single will include the words “that thing you got behind you is amazing.”
- Justin Timberlake and Jessica Beil will get engaged.
- Taylor Momsen will get sent to Rehab.
- American Idols last real run…. No Simon… No Paula…. sort of seems pointless.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Music, Soundtrack Saturday, tagged Joint Effort, Mix, MixTape, Music, playlist, Romeo and Juliet, Shakespheare, Songs, Soundtrack Saturday on January 4, 2010|
1 Comment »
It’s been awhile since we made a Mix Tape Monday post, but our Liars one gets a lot of hits… so…. Without further ado….
Songs that mention Romeo and Juliet
- Juliet- LMNT
- Romeo- The Basement Jaxx
- Check Yes Juliet- We the Kings
- I’m No Romeo- E.M.D.
- Love Story- Taylor Swift
- Midnight Romeo- Push Play
- Goin All the Way- Trey Warner
- Always- Bon Jovi
- Romeo and Juliet- S.O.A.P.
- Romeo’s Dead- Sarina Paris
- (Don’t Fear) The Reaper- Blue Oyster Cult
- Billy S. – Skye Sweetnam (Really quite lame)
- (Just Like) Romeo and Juliet- The Reflections
- Romeo and Juliet- Dire Straights (or The Killers have a good cover)
- Hello- Hawk Nelson (makes quick reference to Romeo)
- Stuck in the Moment- Justin Bieber
- Prepare the Masses- A Change of Pace
- Young- The Summer Set
If you know of anymore let us know, and we will add them. :)
Read Full Post »
Whoa guys. We made it to 400 posts. and Since I don’t feel like making a list of 400 things or whatever we just made this!
F- Famous people, We have them on our walls teen girl style
O- Obsessed. With whatever it is… A song, a person, a phrase
U- Un- Graceful. (not a real word, I know) Something we both are, and something we both have scars to prove
R -Roommates, we are roommates, we have weird roommates
H- Hyper. Particularly if we drink a rock star. Seriously it was only once and it was AWESOME
U- Un- organized. Ok actually Sadie is organized but our desk looks like a tornado hit it
N- Nostalgic. Particularly with high school or vacations
D- Daredevils. Because D’s are hard to come by.
R- Random. Anytime Sarah’s friends come over we will randomly decide to do something crazy.
E-Embarrassing. Movies, music you name it we probably like it
D- Dynamic… Like Dynamic Duo.. also I couldn’t think of another D
And that actually took way more work then I wanted it too.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Joint Effort, Music, tagged Blogging, Entertainment, Joint Effort, Music, Music Videos, other blogs, people are crazy, Taylor Swift, Twilight, youtube on January 15, 2009|
12 Comments »
This is WAR!…
Anyways. Our blog friend Zackapalooza recently wrote a very interesting post about Taylor Swift. You might remember, we love her. He asked for no disagreeing comments on his blog, and so being the polite people we are we decided not to wage war in his comments. We decided to wage war on the blog.:D
He gives a list of 5 reasons he hates her…
1.She can’t sing at all.
2.Shes not very pretty, really.
3.She’s straight up boring.
4. Her songs are not that great
5. People are obsessed with her for no reason. She’s The human form of Twilight
We will now throw these 5 reasons back in his face. :D
1. She Can sing… Exhibit A:
Exhibit B: If you want to see her do a cover http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC-vENKF0hg
Exhibit C: If you want or need http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDgcVv0Gads
Exhibit D: List of awards she has won- Top new female vocalist (CMAs), Favorite Female country Artist (AMAs), Best song 2 times and best country song (BMIs), Horizon Award (CMT’s), song writer of the year (NASI’s) and that is not including the ones that she got voted in for.
2.She is totally pretty He unfairly chose a picture of her with no make up on. How many famous ladies can you think of that look good without their make up?? I recommend googling Kate Winslet and Angelina Jolie or Miley without make up. Observe our gallery for proof that she is actually really pretty. Also take note that he hair is not fake. It’s Naturally curly. Have you ever tried to manage naturally curly hair? Not That Easy.
3. She is far from boring… Her you tube videos are hilarious, and her interviews and award acceptance speeches are really funny because she gets so excited. Also she made her own music video for I’m Only Me When I’m With you.
4. Her songs are AWESOME. And she wrote or co wrote all of them. That’s pretty stinking rare in the musical world and her lyrics are clever. And she is really good at slipping in jabs at the boys. Observe.
From Forever and Always:
Was I out of line? Did I say something way to honest?
Did you run and hide like a scared little boy?
I looked into your eyes, thought I knew you for a minute
Now I’m not so sure
From White Horse:
That I’m not a princess
This ain’t a fairytale
I’m not the one you’ll sweep off her feet
Lead her up the stairwell
This ain’t Hollywood,
This is a small town
I was a dreamer before you went and let me down
Now its too late for you and your White Horse,
To come around.
From Pictures to Burn:
To state the obvious
I didn’t get my perfect fantasy
I realize you love yourself more than you could ever love me
So go and tell your friends that I’m obsessive and crazy
That’s fine I’ll tell mine you’re gay
5.It’s ridiculous to compare anything to the Twilight mania. It’s impossible to compare any obsession to that level of crazy. 15 year old girls don’t regularly ask Taylor Swift to bite their neck. They do ask Robert Pattinson that.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Holidays, Joint Effort, Lists, Music, Soundtrack Saturday, tagged Christmas, Christmas Music, Christmas songs, Joint Effort, Lists, Mix, MixTape, Soundtrack Saturday on December 8, 2008|
1 Comment »
It’s been a while hasn’t it friends? This tradition died with summer and I’ll admit I wasn’t devastated to see it go, but its Christmas time so we have to talk a bit about Christmas music. Really when you get right down to it there are about 10 main Christmas songs. Ok probably more then that, but it just seems like there is a ton of remakes. So here are some excellent choices.
Best Version of Santa Baby- Taylor Swift
Best Version of Last Christmas- Jimmy Eat World
Best Version of I’ll Be Home for Christmas- Matchbook Romance
Best Version of All I Want for Christmas- Mariah Carey (yes, it pains us to say that as we are both sort of anti-Mariah Carey, but really did anyone actually like “Touch my Body” ?!?)
Best Version of Do You Hear What I Hear- Copeland
Best Version of Sleigh Ride- Relient K
Best Version of Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree- Miley Cyrus
Best Version of Baby Please Come Home- Anberlin (U2 and Death Cab for Cutie have good versions too)
Great Original Songs for your collection
Santa Clause is Thumbing to town- Relient K
Believe- Josh Groban
Girl of My Dreams- Jonas Brothers
Wonderful Christmas Time- Paul McCartney
Ho Ho Hopefully- The Main
Other Christmas Favorites:
-Manhiem Steamroller (this is on at my ((Sadie)) house pretty much 24/7 all during December)
-Trans Siberian Orchestra (Remember that guy with the crazy light display?)
Read Full Post »
Posted in Holidays, tagged College, Costumes, Halloween, Holidays, Joint Effort, Lists, Music, playlist, quotes, Student Life on October 31, 2008|
4 Comments »
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!
We love all holidays, but we really love Halloween! It’s the best! So maybe we will put some pics of our costumes up later, but first here is a little list of costumes we saw at school today. This list has grown considerbly through out the day. Apparently our school LOVES to dress up. So you know if you are still having trouble deciding what you are going to be here is a GIANT list of ideas.
- A Hindu monk- not offensive, because the kid is actually from India
- 2 Twilight Vampires- I think possibly Alice. Apparently Utah county’s obsession for Twilight goes a little beyond the norm. They have a Twilight Fanfare booth in the mall.
- A Hippie
- Marc Antony and Cleopatra- who doesn’t love couples costumes?
- An Indian
- Boy with liter hosen
- A mid-evil Arabic Dumbledore- ok we don’t actually know what this guy was, but it’s my (Sadie) Humanities Professor.
- A Cat- this was a boy complete with some leather pants and a little purple bow around the tail
- A Bunny- just the ears. You know animal ears= instant costume
- 80’s work out girl- workin’ those leg warmers
- A Saloon girl
- A Pirate, not Jack Sparrow, another pirate
- Identical Twin Cowgirls
- Japanese Fisherman
- A Hunter, the old standby for Eric. guaranteed he does it again this year
- A peacock- this costume was actually really cool.
- A slutty Raggedy Anne
- A genie
- 4 devils
- Seriously into it witch
- devil/ angel (very cool)
- Sexy Ref
- Baby- including the pacifier
- 2 Ballarinas, one of them a boy in one of those fat blow up costumes
- Gorilla- nothing like seeing a giant Gorilla walking down the hallway.
- Pajama Sam (love it)
- Popeye the Sailor
- iPod Person- goes the extra mile and even dances down the hall
- The Space Jam alien with the helmet and no face just eyes
- 2 Confederate Soilders
- Wonder woman
- Little Red riding hood
- Super Man
- Wednesday (you know from the Aadams Family?)
- A hawaiian
- Pebbles from the Flintstones
- Man in dress
- Man bride (ew)
- Prom Queen- real prom dress
- Kimono person
- Nancy Drew?
- School Girl
- Easter bunny
- Zombie bride
- Giant Elmo
- Charlie Chapman- really into it, even walks all funny
- OMG! BALLERINA BOY!!! as a hooker? drag queen? You would not belive! I wish I could get a picture, fishnets, thigh high boots, hot pants. hahaha
- Taikwando Master
- Waldo- Ah! Where is he?!?!
- Court Jester
- Hashbrowns a.k.a. the boy I (Kelli) hate is Zoro
- a Sugar Daddy
- Mccain? or maybe just a weird looking old man (essentially the same thing)
Also I’ve noticed that sometimes it is hard to tell if people are wearing a costume or if they just dress like that everyday. Oh yes and I over heard a great conversation too
The Hindu Monk Boy: (trying to impress the Twilight Vampire) Yeah I’m a strong man, I work really hard *flexes arm* you think? But something about scary movies just really freaks me out. I think it’s the Devil.
Twilight Vampire Girl: Something I can not really hear
The Hindu Monk Boy:Yeah next time I watch one I’ll just look down at my muscle *flexes again* and then I’ll be ok.
Aw every girls dream come true. A strong Hindu monk to protect them from the Devil.
And here is our Halloween Playlist. (Yeah, yeah this post is getting rediculously long. Who cares it’s a holiday.)
- This is Halloween- The Nightmare before Christmas Soundtrack
- Ghostbusters theme song
- Adams family theme song
- Monster Mash (classic)
- Vampire- from the Juno soundtrack
- Hall of the Mountain King- from Manheim Steamrollers Halloween album
- Black Magic Woman- Santana
- I Put a Spell on You- some person I don’t want to bother to look up
- Disturbia- Rihanna
Read Full Post »
So you know that saying, “money can’t buy happiness” ? Ridiculous. We disagree.
Top Ten Things That We Could Buy That Would Make Us Happy
- Horses- this we have already proven
- Front Row Season Jazz Tickets- This we will prove. Someday.
- World Travel- this would make us very happy
- Charity/Food for Africa- Everyone wins here
- Clothing & Acessories. Shopping would be way more fun.
- Toys- i.e. Boats, 4 wheelers, Jet Skis etc.
- Education (See we aren’t totally irresposible)
- We could enRICH our lives with more music, books, and art
- We could starting living at amusement parks. ROLLERCOASTERS!!!
- Friends! People love to be rich peoples friends (haha ok ok we know.)
Read Full Post »