- Romeo– Romeo is a junior, and he has a HUGE crush on this girl in his class. One time I came to class and he raises his hand and then he just yells out “Teacher! I want to kiss Wang Sha!” The poor girl. Luckily it worked out for him because a couple of weeks later he told me she was his girlfriend when she was sitting right there, and she didn’t deny it. Whenever he has to come to the board to write a sentence or something he always uses it to profess his love to her.
- Obama– I don’t know Obama’s real name. On the first day of school he introduced himself as Obama and it’s stuck all year long.
- Game Boy– Game Boy is Maddie and I’s favorite senior student. He’s incredibly disruptive, but he ALWAYS wants to play games, and so we make him go first for everything. We teach his class together. Usually one of us will teach the lesson and the other one will keep Game Boy occupied. Other wise he just keeps raising his hand and asking questions or trying to get you to come over and “Chatter with him.” We like him because he has the most personality of all the kids we teach, but he can be a handful. One time he decided that he really wanted to hug us, and so he like practically tackled Maddie and I.
- Monkey– This kid actually just asked to be called Monkey. I’m not sure why, but even the other students call him it.
- Heart Breaker– Heart breaker is another favorite. Not only is he the star of the basketball team, but he has great hair. He’s like the Asian version of Troy Bolton, and he kind of knows it. He has a rather large ego, and we find it hilarious.
- Camera Boy– Camera boy takes the cell phone photography to an extreme. He often waits at the door for me to walk in so he can take my photo. I think he’s training for a very lucrative career as a paparazzi.
- Harry Potter– Harry Potter is a Senior and he loves to participate. He comes up to the board EVERY TIME we call someone up whether we picked him or not. Really we just call him Harry Potter because he has glasses and since this is a boarding school and they call their principle Headmaster we just decided that we were obviously at Hogwarts and so we’ve given a lot of things Harry Potter nick names.
- Himione– Himione is a junior and we call him that because we were sticking with the Harry Potter theme and he’s really smart and raises his hand every time.
- Superman– Superman gave himself his nick name. Every time you call on him he does the superman gesture. Like puts one fist in the air and looks up like he’s flying or something. It can be pretty hilarious.
- Fred and George– or just “The Twins” they are two boys who often wear matching t-shirts. They are best friends. If they did that in the US they would be mocked into the next century, but it’s ok here apparently.
Posts Tagged ‘Student Life’
- I went to Beijing and saw tons of the cool sites, climbed the Great Wall, walked around the Forbidden City, etc. It was awesome. There’s tons to see in Beijing, and the Silk Market is really crazy.
- I went shopping in Shanghai and got some great knock off stuff for pretty cheap
- Went to a Hot Pot Restarurant. I’m not sure exactly how to explain this, but it’s kind of like a Fondue restaurant only different. You sit at this table that has this huge pot of soup on a little cooker thing and then you just order random ingredients and put it in the pot and then everyone just takes what they want using their chopsticks. It’s pretty fun, but Andy (the guy who took us, Andy is his english name I don’t know his Chinese name) ordered some interesting stuff…. I’m not really sure what half of it was. Most of it was really good, but at one point he really wanted me to try this one item, and I thought it might be octopus, but he informed me that it was a part of the cow that he couldn’t say in English…. I’d rather not know.
- Went to Haungshan (Yellow Mountain) which was really pretty, and Maddie and I found out that we were slightly under prepared for it. We were thinking it was just like a hike… but then we got there and everyone had like those huge backpacking backpacks strapped on their backs and like walking sticks and stuff. It turned out to be fun though the part of the mountain we were on wasn’t too hard, and we really liked Huangshan city.
- A few weeks back the Jazz lost to the Rockets. Everyone here loves this fact. They won’t let me forget it. The Jazz better shape up next time we play them.
- Last week we were invited to go to another school and teach a class. I’d forgotten what it was like that first week of school…. but I remember now. Signing english books, photos, video cameras, mobs of children all over again.
- This week is Sports week at our school, and tomorrow Maddie and I have been “invited” to be in one of the races… can’t wait…. we’re going to look totally foolish. Espeically since neither one of us packed gym clothes so we’ll have to run it in our jeans… should be fun.
SO I actually had big plans to do a post about things I love everyday before valentines. FAIL. But. In an effort to entertain myself during a great lecture, I will now post a list of the foods I love. I will even go so far as to say I wouldn’t so much mind living strictly on these foods.
1st the cereals. I LOVE cereal. it might run in my family. in fact I’m sure it is. At home my family drinks approximately 3 gallons a week. I drink about 1 all by myself in college. The best cereals? Cap’n Crunch and Frosted Flakes. hands DOWN. I have on occasion eaten these for all 3 meals.
2nd Pizza. Oh my gosh. LOVE it. Pretty much any kind as long as it doesnt involve mushrooms or olives. And if there is Bacon on this pizza? EVEN BETTER.
3rd Fried Rice. Whats not to love??
4th skittles. There was a time when every driving trip my family went on I would buy a whole bag not the 98 cent kind the 2 dollar kinds and there have been times I have finished the whole bag in 1 stretch. Gross right? but they are delicious
5th Otter pops. I generally live on these during the summer. the are the greatest inventions ever. And No. Off brands will not do
I feel like if I went on a my favorite foods diet I would die swiftly of malnutrition. There are cooler ways to die.
I just got done taking my last final. You know what that means… CHRISTMAS BREAK! Already too excited for words. I have a feeling that my family may get sick of me the next two weeks… Anyways I have all this free time, because apparently I am a freakishly fast test taker, and so now I am just waiting for the Kellister to get our of her Math final so we can head home for the holidays. The pluses to being a fast test taker are limited as me and Kelli disscussed this morning. You are left with too much time with nothing to do and a rule of silence imposed upon you. Although this time I earned a candycane for being one of the first 3 students done. Whoo. So you might notice that this post is sounding pretty pointless so far. That is most likely because it is, and I am mostly just trying to entertain myself/waste time. You do a lot of that finals week I’ve noticed. No classes and only a couple of tests is like suddenly handing you hours upon hours of free time you are supposed to use for studying, but usually don’t. It’s awesome. Also it is snowing like CRAZY out there, and apparently the Provo/Orem area snow plows seriously need to get to work, only they haven’t. Even though the roads are a total mess for our drive home I still love the snow a great deal. Espeically in December. Also sledding is pretty much the best thing ever. Also I need to Christmas shop, but have no ideas. Also this post is pointless.
Stuff this World Could Stand to be Without:
- Group projects
- People who don’t believe in Dinosaurs
- Jazz player injuries
- People who decide they do not want to attend Anberlin concerts with me.
Things There Should be More of:
- Artists/Bands who give away their music free and make it public domain
- Teachers who have you write a paper instead of take a final or better yet don’t have a final at all.
- Christmas lights! I almost think they should be mandatory even if you don’t like Christmas. Also I wish we kept them up all year long.
- Jazz wins like last night
- Breaks off school
- Ideas of what gifts I should get people this year. Namely my parents and younger brother.
- People who like going to Blockbuster for me since I hate going there.
P.S. Kelli…. I GOT YOUR PRESENT TODAY!!! I am so excited! You are so hard to shop for I hope you know. Also I am going to try REALLY hard not to give it to you early or tell you what it is. No promises. I love Christmas.
P.P.S. Oh yeah earliar I was listening to “Love Lockdown” and Jordan would not believe me that it was Kanye West. haha Man I hate Kanye, but that song is pretty great.
She dumped her last boyfriend on Tuesday after 2 days of deliberation. His crimes? He was too nice to her, brought her too many flowers, and bought her too many presents. Horrible right? I hope I NEVER get a boyfriend like that. Anyways you might recall he was like number 7 give or take… Anyways it seems like he is in the process of being replaced as we speak, they are in the next room playing a game together. I cant think of many good games you can play with only 2 people.
*Edit* We’ve seen him now… and she either has A: terrible taste or B: really low standards cause he is almost as unnatractive as almost mustache boy
I’m sitting in class right now and I really want to know… do other kids think this is as stupid as I do? because right now my Philosophy teacher is talking about leaderless organizations. Yeah my teacher is an ANARCHIST! haha anyways everyone else looks totally fascinated and I want to know if they are just good actors or if they actually care?